Town Planner - Premise
- Dubbo and Orange, New South Wales, Australia
- 12th January 2021
A multi-disciplinary boutique consultancy firm with approximately 140 employees with a family feel culture. Premise brings together a partnership of highly specialised professionals to offer a comprehensive and complementary range of expert knowledge and innovation to the property, agriculture, infrastructure, mining, energy, and health sectors.
About the roles
We are seeking Town Planners to join our teams in both our Orange and Dubbo offices. Each of these roles offers the opportunity of a working in a challenging and rewarding multi-disciplinary job environment with the benefit of living in a major and vibrant regional City.
The role would place you at the forefront of our development team, exposing you to a diverse range of urban and regional projects. Projects generated from our Orange and Dubbo offices include urban and regional greenfield and in-fill developments, renewable resource and agri-business projects and all manner of land use and planning challenges.
You will work with developers, local Councils, State government agencies, external consultants and our own team of in-house planning, engineering, architectural and survey professionals, leading our clients through projects from concept development to the approval and design phases and finishing with the construction and handover.
- Knowledge of planning and related legislation including both strategic and statutory planning
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate town and environmental planning projects
- Ability to liaise with State Agencies, Councils, developers, stakeholders, consultants and the broader community
- Awareness of relevant planning and environmental issues and willingness to develop skills through training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in urban or town planning (or related discipline)
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience as a town planner (preferably in NSW)
- Current driver’s licence
- You are looking for a career position that will allow you to develop into a leader amongst other professionals
- Your experience and knowledge enable you to work independently on projects through to completion. You are also very comfortable working within a team
- You have a background in planning with knowledge of relevant legislation
- You have excellent time management and organisational skills
Interested applicants should apply using the email link below with their current resume and cover letter addressed to Aaron Clancy HR Officer. Tel. 07 3253 2222