Senior Urban Planner - Part time
- Coburg, Victoria, Australia
- 31st October 2019
- Moreland City Council - 18059
- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Maximum term position (expiring 28 June 2020)
- Band 6 - $87K to $95K + Super (pro rata)
- Part time - 54.5 hours per fortnight
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to several internal promotions and secondments, the Urban Planning Branch is seeking the services of a Senior Urban Planner to join Council's City Development team for a maximum term period on a part time basis. This position will suit an experienced Urban Planner who is looking to work on a variety of interesting planning applications while maintaining a work-life balance that suits their needs. You will be required to demonstrate advanced planning knowledge in the assessment of inner metropolitan proposals including residential infill, heritage, commercial and industrial land use and development and the opportunity to assess more complex applications.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning
- Broad understanding of the Planning Approvals function and a drive to facilitate sustainable development outcomes
- The ability to engage with applicants and the community to achieve high quality town planning outcomes
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Excellent customer service skills, including the capacity to deal effectively with conflict
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
For further information please contact Lachlan McGowan on 9240 2417.
Applications close: 5pm, 15 November 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.