Senior Urban Designer - Permanent
- Melbourne - North East, Victoria, Australia
- 27th August 2019
- Hays - Melbourne - 2270836
- Do you want to take up a design leadership role?
- Are you looking to work on major design and strategic projects?
- Do you want a permanent job with great prospects?
Permanent Senior Urban Design Job with North East Council, paying up to $107,000 +super
Your new company
Your new Senior Urban Designer job is situated in Metro Melbourne, and includes a diverse and growing population as well as some huge infrastructure projects, including the North East Link as well as activity centres, park upgrades and major streetscape urban renewal projects. The council prides itself as an employer of choice and offers career relevant training, flexible working hours and potential RDOs.
Your new role
As a Senior Urban Desinger, you will:
- Develop and implement urban design plans and guidelines including, streetscapes, built form, public open spaces, and activity centres.
- Plan and deliver capital works projects and design frameworks that are integrated with other key strategic plans to meet the objectives of the Council Plan.
- Provide specialist and technical advice in relation to best practice contemporary and innovative urban design principles
- Advocate for projects within the community, Council and other government organisations.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a tertiary qualification in Urban Design or Landscape Architecture and a background in working on urban design projects in the public sector or with a design consultancy. You will have extensive experience using AutoCad, Adobe Suite and project management tools.
What you'll get in return
In return for this Senior Urban Designer job, this council will offer a salary of up to $107,000 + super at band 7. This is a varied position which will see you work as an integral part of the team in the completion of a variety of projects
What you need to do nowIf you are interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me on (0)3 9642 4066 for a confidential discussion on your career.
Reference Number: 2270836