Senior Town Planner x 2
- Werribee, Victoria, Australia
- 16th February 2021
- Wyndham City
- Exciting opportunity to join Wyndham’s Planning and Building team
- Permanent and Temporary (to 19/11/21), full-time or flexible, Wyndham based
- Salary from $91,063 pa plus super
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
Wyndham City Council currently has an opportunity for an experienced Growth Area Planner to join its team. As a Senior Planner in the Growth Team you will be responsible for managing a caseload of greenfield subdivision applications within the growth areas of Wyndham, processing these within agreed timeframes, and providing high quality advice on proposals. Collaborating with others, effective communication, and contributing to innovation are key to the success in this role.
What you’ll deliver
- Efficient processing of applications
- Excellent relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Written reports
- Effective research results
- Exceptional customer service focus
What you’ll bring
- A tertiary qualification in Town Planning or other related discipline
- Experience in local government (statutory planning) or other political environments will be highly regarded
- Flexibility in permit application processing – this is not a one size fits all process
- A strong desire to be involved in working in a customer focused environment with a high level of service provision
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude.
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Robinson, Team Leader Growth on 8734 0271.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM Monday 8th March 2021.
Wyndham City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.