Senior Strategic Planner - State Govt
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 27th August 2019
- Hays - Melbourne - 2270147
- Work in an immediate contract role in a sought after planning team.
- Work on precincts and major strategic planning project
- Kick start your planning career
Strategic Planning job working for a sought after state government organisation focussing on precincts, $61ph
Your new company
Your new company is a state government organisation which advises on key precinct projects in Melbourne and handles strategic planning, urban design, and project management to a high level. You will be working with planners and designers that are respected in their fields and can offer excellent mentoring opportunities.
Your new role
In this Strategic Planning leadership role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing planning expertise and authoritative policy advice as part of the delivery of policy and strategic planning frameworks for priority precincts.
- Lead the development of policy and implementation options or components of projects with limited supervision.
- Undertake advanced policy research and analysis, including investigating and critically analysing issues and opportunities relating to the development and implementation of policy frameworks and strategic planning initiatives in priority precincts.
- Prepare high quality briefs, correspondence, reports, presentations and policy papers to communicate issues and recommendations to senior management, executives, stakeholders and Ministers.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified town planner (international qualifications will be considered) with suitable rights to work in Australia. You will have extensive experience either with a Victorian Council, State Government organisation or a private sector planning firm and have an understanding of the planning process from pre-application stage to amendments to delivery.
What you'll get in return
You will earn $61 per hour and secure 3-month contract initially, with the potential to progress to a permanent role. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, working with some of the leading planners in the country
What you need to do nowIf you are interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me on (0)3 9642 4066 for a confidential discussion on your career.
Reference Number: 2270147