- Goolwa, South Australia, Australia
- 19th February 2021
- Alexandrina Council - 5378021
- Permanent, full-time role, flexible working arrangements, based at the Goolwa Central Office
- Get involved with all aspects of Council's development assessment, strategic and policy planning
- Band Level 7 - $97,667 to $103,288 + 10% superannuation + full private use vehicle
Alexandrina Council currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Principal Planner to become our technical town planning expert, providing high-level support to the Manager Development Assessment and Manager Strategic Development.
Are you up for the challenge?
This role will see you being responsible for the assessment of complex development applications, the preparation and management of code amendments and a range of strategic planning projects.
Do you have what it takes?
This key role requires a highly experienced Planner, with a minimum of ten years' practical experience in urban or regional planning, and a minimum of two years' experience in both development assessment and policy planning. You will be experienced in selecting and managing consultants and all stages of project management - from initiating and planning to implementing and handover.
Experience and proven ability in researching, investigation, analysing, problem-solving and reporting are crucial for this role, as are a solid understanding of social, economic and environmental factors as they apply to regional, urban and rural planning, and comprehensive understanding of the development of strategic planning documents.
Being an expert in your field, you will have in-depth knowledge of the current Development Act and Regulations, and knowledge of the new planning system, including the Planning, Development and Infrasturctre (PDI) Act 2016, and the Planning and Design Code.
Essentials and desirables:
- Degree or post-graduate qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning (or similar)
- Level 1 accreditation under the PDI Act 2016 or recognition as a Registered Planner by the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- A valid South Australian Driver's Licence
- Eligibility for full membership with the Planning Institute of Australia (desirable)
- Project management qualification/formal training (desirable)
Want to know more about us?
The Alexandrina region is uniquely positioned in the picturesque Southern Fleurieu Peninsula at the end of the River Murray and as a gateway to the iconic Coorong. It is within an easy drive from metropolitan Adelaide. The Alexandrina vision is about connecting communities through regional innovation, a thriving environment, quality of life and wellbeing for all, increasing cultural vitality and activating vibrant spaces.
The Alexandrina community encompasses many townships, villages and rural areas, with two major hubs of Strathalbyn to the north-east and Goolwa to the south. The Alexandrina area is one of the fastest-growing regional areas in South Australia - experiencing peri-urban trends while also noted for its high-quality agricultural production. The area is renowned for its environment, heritage and lifestyle.
Interested? Apply now www.alexandrina.sa.gov.au for a diverse role in a great local government organisation!
For further information regarding the role, please contact Sally Roberts Manager Strategic Development 8555 7000
To apply for this job go to: http://alexandrina.recruitmenthub.com.au/Current-Opportunities & enter ref code: 5378021. Applications close 5pm 8th March