Integrated Water Management Lead
- Coburg, Victoria, Australia
- 20th January 2020
- Moreland City Council - 18152
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- Permanent full time role with access to monthly RDO
- Ref No: 18152
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Integrated Water Management Lead to join our dynamic Sustainable Built Environment Team to accelerate the transition to a water sensitive city.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Lead the refresh and implementation of our Integrated Water Management Strategy
- Lead the development of the litter and plastic pollution action plan to reduce litter and (in particular) plastic pollution from reaching Moreland’s waterways
- Lead delivery of stormwater harvesting, water sensitive urban design (WSUD) projects in partnership with internal council teams and external partners such as Melbourne Water
- Provide expert advice and support to internal council teams looking to incorporate WSUD principles and provide technical advice on WSUD in planning permit applications
- Represent Moreland with external partners, such as Melbourne Water, and at external events such as the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and Integrated Water Management Forums
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced staff
- Provide a high level of broader environmentally sustainable development (ESD) support and advice to the CEO, Directors, and other Management staff in delivering strategic ESD outcomes for Council.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience in one or more of the following areas: engineering, science, environment, sustainability, natural resource management, or related disciplines are essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of integrated water cycle management
- Previous experience in developing and project managing integrated water cycle management and water sensitive urban design programs and capital works projects
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate successful cross-organisational and multi-organisational projects.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER:
- A diverse and stimulating senior role at a local council recognised for leadership in integrated water management from strategy to practical on the ground implementation
- An opportunity to represent Council with external partners and in state integrated water management forums
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information please contact Victoria Hart, Sustainable Built Environment Unit Manager, 9240 2476
Applications close: 11pm, Sunday 2 February 2020
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.