Area Planning Coordinator - City of Sydney
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia
- 9th September 2021
- City of Sydney - 8266
AREA PLANNING COORDINATOR
Division: CITY PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT & TRANSPORT
Unit: PLANNING ASSESSMENTS
Section: CITY PLANNING
Salary: AUD $126,158.00 - 141,373.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney is committed to excellence in all our planning/development decisions in terms of physical outcomes, customer service and efficiency of our processes.
To meet this challenge we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to join our Planning Assessments team as Area Planning Coordinator.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- assisting the Area Planning Manager in the management, review and determination of development applications and related applications to ensure they comply with and are processed in accordance relevant legislation
- providing practical and technical assistance to the team by coaching them through complex assessments and projects to negotiate a positive outcome, in line with relevant legislation, policies and procedures while meeting operational demands
- managing a development application caseload and other related applications to ensure they are assessed within the required service timeframe
- providing expert advice to the NSW Land and Environment Court and other jurisdictions for appeals related to development matters on behalf of the City
- reviewing and monitor work practices of staff within the team to ensure that relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and applied consistently to assist the Area Planning Manager in identifying training and development needs of the team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- tertiary qualifications at a degree level in Urban Planning, Architecture, Urban Design or related discipline
- experience in the assessment and resolution of complex planning, heritage and urban design issues associated with major development applications, preferably in local government
- experience in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
At the City you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our city’s dynamic future.
To apply: Visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/careers to view or download the position description. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm, Sunday 26 September 2021.
For further information contact: Stan Fitzroy-Mendis, Area Planning Manager on 02 9265 9288.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).