Senior Planners - Term Contracts
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- City Of Sydney
- $115,588 - $129,529 pa plus Superannuation
- Term Contracts
- Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is committed to excellence in all our planning/development decisions and the design of the buildings and facilities we provide to our ratepayers and the wider community.
It’s not just about the way the City looks – we strive to make sure projects are sensitive to the surrounding environment, socially equitable and sustainable.
To meet this challenge we are seeking highly skilled and motivated Senior Planners to join our Planning Assessments team, to assess and resolve complex planning, urban design and heritage issues, and to be involved in achieving systems improvements and driving team outputs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning or a related discipline
- relevant Development Application assessment experience including large scale or complex projects
- well-developed ability to research and analyse complex and sensitive development issues and propose solutions
- well-developed written and oral communication, report writing and presentation skills
- an ability to meet strict deadlines and to balance and respond flexibly to competing priorities
- experience in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
The City offers a high quality professional environment and is committed to providing flexible working arrangements such as a 19 day month, a higher education program, salary progression scheme linked to Performance and Development Program, salary increases paid annually in line with the City of Sydney Award and accelerated long service leave.
To apply, please visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/jobs. For further information contact Michael Soo, Senior Area Planning Manager on 02 9265 9574.
Applications must address the selection criteria stated within the position description and made online by Sunday 5 March 2017.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.